When: August 6, 2020, 11:30 a.m. check-in and lunch, session is from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Where: ISBA Mutual Offices, 20 S. Clark St., Ste. 800
What: Lunch and Learn: The Jaded Lawyer: Compassion Fatigue & Burnout
Advance registration required.
Recent studies have confirmed that the overwhelming stress that is commonplace in our legal profession disproportionately results in attorneys suffering higher levels of depression, anxiety, substance use, burnout, cognitive problems, addiction, and other serious issues at rates much higher than those seen in the general population. While changing the nature of the legal profession is likely to be a slow process, individuals have the capacity to make small changes that have been scientifically shown to mitigate the negative impact of stress, reducing the likelihood of compassion fatigue and burnout.
You will learn:
- What Compassion Fatigue and Burnout are;
- The signs and symptoms of Compassion Fatigue and Burnout;
- What factors make lawyers particularly vulnerable to Compassion Fatigue and Burnout; and
- Best practices for prevention of Compassion Fatigue and Burnout.
- Dr. Diana Uchiyama, JD, PsyD—Executive Director at the Lawyers’ Assistance Program
Every lawyer who attends this free lunch and learn will receive 1.00 hours of approved MCLE credit, which includes 1.00 hours of Mental Health & Wellness MCLE credit (currently pending approval).
Lunch will be provided.
This is part of a series of Lunch and Learns hosted by ISBA Mutual.