When: July 15, 2020, 11:30 a.m. check-in and lunch, session is from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Where: ISBA Mutual Offices, 20 S. Clark St., Ste. 800
What: Lunch and Learn: How to Achieve Work-Life Balance
Advance registration required.
Recent studies have confirmed that the overwhelming stress that is commonplace in our legal profession disproportionately results in attorneys suffering higher level of depression, anxiety, addiction, and other serious issues at rates much higher than those seen in the general population. Work-Life Balance in a concept that involves proper prioritizing between work and lifestyle, that is difficult to achieve given the changes that have evolved in the workplace and individual factors.
You will learn:
- Why attorneys are a vulnerable population;
- The common mental health and substance abuse issues faced by our colleagues;
- Why work-life balance is hard to achieve including individual barriers; and
- Strategies to help achieve a more balanced work-life and higher life satisfaction
- Dr. Diana Uchiyama, JD, PsyD—Executive Director at the Lawyers’ Assistance Program
Every lawyer who attends this free lunch and learn will receive 1.00 hours of approved MCLE credit, which includes 1.00 hours of Mental Health & Wellness MCLE credit (currently pending approval).
Lunch will be provided.
This is part of a series of Lunch and Learns hosted by ISBA Mutual.