When: May 13, 2020, 11:30 a.m. check-in and lunch, session is from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Where: Regency Room, Holmes Student Center, Northern Illinois University, 340 Carroll Avenue, DeKalb, IL 60115
What: Lunch and Learn: What to Learn from Real-Life Malpractice Claims – Avoiding Pitfalls & Adopting Best Practices
Advance registration required. Register today.
In this presentation, students will learn about real-life legal malpractice claims, how those claims were defended and litigated, and what “best practices” they can adopt so as to avoid and/or minimize the risk of being sued for legal malpractice.
You will learn:
- What is legal malpractice
- What practice areas are particularly susceptible to legal malpractice claims and why
- How legal malpractice claims are litigated
- How the Rules of Professional Conduct impact a legal malpractice case
- How the Rules of Professional Conduct can help guide some “best practices” so as to avoid potential legal malpractice claims
- Daniel F. Konicek, Partner, Konicek & Dillon, P.C.
Every lawyer who attends this free lunch and learn will receive 1.00 hours of approved MCLE credit, which includes 1.00 hours of professional responsibility MCLE credit (currently pending approval).
Lunch will be provided.
This is part of a series of Lunch and Learns hosted by ISBA Mutual.